A Specialised 50+ Class
TUESDAY 2.00pm – 2.45pm
THURSDAY 11.30am – 12.15pm
Clarity Massage & Wellness, Melbourne street North Adelaide
Who is best suited to this class..?
- Anyone over the age of 50 years
- Those wanting to improve strength, muscle tone and maintain general mobility
- Anyone who has health concerns that can make exercising more challenging (osteoporosis, low/high blood pressure, arthritis, osteo-arthritis, back pain, joint replacement, diabetes)
- Anyone wishing to maintain and improve their balance to avoid falls in the future
- Those who find they need some motivation to actually do their exercises or get moving
What are the main goals of these classes?
- You will gain overall strength & general conditioning
- Improve your balance, thereby reducing your risk of falls
- Maintain (or improve) your bone density
- Gain mobility & improved daily stamina
- Build your confidence for all of your daily tasks
What are the requirements and the cost?
- $20 per class
- $110 for 6 classes
- Bookings essential
What we’ll cover in the classes…
- Understand & implement the EP.EP. Functional Foundations: Posture, Core and Glutes
- Introduction to body weight exercises, correct and safe technique
- Introduction to therabands – increasing load safely and effectively
- Incorporation of compound & functional exercises
- Principles of better balance and reducing your risk of tripping or falling
- Introduction to using weights – increasing load safely and effectively
- Review – lets look back at how far you’ve come!
- Heavy lifting for optimum results and why this is necessary.
- Building confidence in lifting heavier resistance
- Introduction to unstable surfaces – because real life isn’t flat, even surfaces!