A pre-class assessment is required before taking part our Strength Bones Balance classes. These are specialised classes, both the assessment and classes are eligible for private health rebates.
Why do I need an Pre-class Screening/Assessment?
Pre-class screening is vital for your safety and to allow your Exercise Physiologist to get to know you. During the assessment we will go through your medical history, your goals, any worries you may have and then we will go through some simple physical assessments. This means when it comes time to taking part in classes you can feel at ease that your Exercise Physiologists know exactly where you are and any progressions can be individualised.
Taking simple functional measures (part of the physical assessment) is a fantastic way for us to track your progress. It will give you feedback on improvements in strength, balance, posture, agility, mobility and more.
Do I need a pre-class screening if I’ve seen you before?
Please call us to discuss if this is the case (you may not need one) – we can then tailor your transition into classes specifically for you to optimise your outcomes.
I can’t make classes, what are my options?
If you are unable to attend classes we can develop a home based program for you to complete. Please be aware this will differ from the program we run in classes – due to the nature of the exercises it is unsafe to do these without supervision.
If you would like a home based program to help you manage your osteoporosis you will need to make a private 1:1 Exercise Physiology appointment – this will be an “Initial Assessment” appointment (60 mins).
What else should I know?
- Pre-class Assessments are 45 minutes long ($75) . Private health rebates apply should your fund cover EP services.
- You may be eligible for a portion of your visit to be covered by Medicare through a EPC/CDM care plan. You should speak to your GP to learn if you qualify for this.
- Please bring any scans/reports to your assessment (such as bone density or joint imaging).
- Please bring any relevant medical information or reports.
- No need to wear anything special – just something you can easily move and feel comfortable in.
How do I make a my appointments?
Please feel free to call us ( 08 7123 2488 ) and our team will help you out. Alternatively you can make you pre-class screening appointment (for ongoing classes) or Initial Assessment (for home based) online via the button below: