Mumma STRONG – Safe, effective and empowering exercise prescription for pregnancy and through your postnatal recovery and return to exercise. We support you and your body through Matrescence and into Motherhood.
Our Mumma STRONG classes are a combined pre and postnatal strength focused class. Our Exercise Physiologists are highly skilled at modifying exercises to suit every woman’s unique body, stage of pregnancy, type of delivery and stage of postnatal recovery.
NOTE – babies are always welcome to classes, our Tuesday 10.30am class is specifically designed for mummas to bring along bubs – we have an extra set of hands to ensure you can get your work out done!
This class is great if…
- You want to stay strong, fit and on-top-of aches and pains throughout your pregnancy and as a new mum.
- You want to exercise in a safe and properly supervised environment, with experts who know women’s bodies – we also know how tough it can be…. in those last few weeks of pregnancy and then in those early postnatal weeks – show up as you are, there are no expectations or judgements here.
- You are experiencing pelvic/hip/glute/low-back pain, tightness or any physical discomfort! Exercise will be one of the most powerful tools in your kit
- Management of incontinence (now and future)
- Manage (or minimise your risk of) prolapse – safely and appropriately
- Control & reduce your risk of Gestational Diabetes
- Lift your mood & mindset for positive mental health – exercise is wonderful for coping with ALL those hormones
- Improve your stamina – for bodily changes through pregnancy, labour/birth and all that carrying and nursing!
- You want to rehab in a suitable, well paced and appropriate way to ensure you can get back to your favourite activities without any set backs
What are the main goals of this class?
- To provide safe, effective and fun exercise specifically for our mummas
- To allow women who may be classified as ‘high risk’ to exercise safely and appropriately under expert guidance
- Help manage many pregnancy related conditions or symptoms
- Build strength and stamina for life as a mum – lots of lifting & holding!
- Connect to your deep abdominals, pelvic floor & breath – you can feel confident in your postnatal rehab
- Feel great, manage fatigue, aches and stiffness and feel strong and capable regardless of how pregnant you might be feeling, or how many long hours you’ve been rocking/nursing your baby
- Feel energised – no matter how little sleep you’re currently getting
- Support your mental and social health – connect with other mummas and ensure you never feel alone
- A pre-class screening is required prior to attending these classes. We get to know you and how you are going physically with your pregnancy and post birth recovery – this ensures a safe and well managed exercise prescription, tailored to YOU
- PRENATAL – you can start ANYTIME during your pregnancy and continue until your babe arrives (including prior to 12 weeks… if you’re feel up for it)
- POSTNATAL – you can start at around 6 – 8 weeks postpartum, we strongly encourage a Women’s Health Physio clearance prior and that bleeding has stopped
- We are VERY HAPPY to work with your other care providers (physio, chiro, osteo etc etc) to ensure optimum outcomes for you – we are your team!
- Class Passes available
- Sessions are claimable on Private Health
- Classes are 45 minutes long
- Small class sizes so bookings are essential!
Our classes are known for providing LOTS of practical info to allow you to understand your pregnant and postnatal body better. We teach tools that can help you understand the power of movement and positioning for labour & birth, plus tips that can help soothe a sore and fatigued body.
To book your pre-class screening appointment please get in touch or book online.
email@example.com | 08 7123 2488 | BOOK ONLINE