The EP Movement Studio has always been an inclusive space that welcomes everyone, this will not change.
Our business is working to keep people safe whilst also meeting our obligations under the laws of privacy and anti-discrimination, and as such we have a strict policy in regards to discussing vaccination status with clients, staff and visitors.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
The Privacy Act 1988 (cth) was developed to promote and protect the privacy of individuals personal information. Businesses have obligations under the Privacy Act which include the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s). The APP’s cover the collection, use, disclosure and storage of personal information.
‘Personal information’ under the Privacy Act is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not that information is true or not and whether or not it is recorded in a material form, this includes a person’s health information.
‘Sensitive information’ under the definition of the Privacy Act includes health information.
The privacy protections apply to a person’s covid-19 vaccination status, as this is considered ‘sensitive information’
Here in the EP Movement Studio we take our responsibilities under the federal discrimination legislation very seriously.
Discrimination in the workplace occurs when someone is treated less favourably than another person in the same materially similar circumstances based on characteristics that applies to them or is assumed to apply to them.
Patients, staff and visitors will not be treated less favourably, this includes;
- In their employment
- Access to our services and goods; and
- any other adverse action that would be deemed as less favourable treatment or disadvantage a person.
COVID-19 vaccination Information
It is important that everyone at EP. EP. Exercise Physiology & Movement is aware of the following in order to protect clients, staff and visitors:
- We are an inclusive space that welcome all clients and visitors irrespective of their vaccination status;
- We do not deny or restrict anyone’s access to our studio based on a person’s vaccination status or any other characteristic that applies to them or is assumed to apply to them;
- Therefore, it is not necessary for us to know your vaccination status and as such we do not need to ask about vaccination status; and
- If we are asked for our own or other poeple’s vaccination status we will not disclose this information.
We understand it is a confusing time for people, and there is genuine concern about the protection of people’s health. However, it is also important, that amongst this, we also remember our obligations to each other and our clients when it comes to privacy and anti-discrimination.
Management & Risk Minimisation
We continue to have measures in place to reduce infection risk – we ask our community to please continue to be proactive in their own protection/hygine as well.
We ask our community to continue to please cancel and reschedule appointments/classes if they are in any way unwell or have been given instruction to isolate and be tested following exposure.